Doing the keto diet and craving dessert? Try this delightful low-carb and gluten-free slice.
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped, plus extra, whipped, to serve
- Coffee beans, to serve (optional)
- Cacao powder, to dust
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered stevia
- 80ml (1/3 cup) strong espresso coffee, cooled
- 100g (1 cup) pecans
- 1 tablespoon powdered stevia
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 130g (1 1/4 cups) almond meal
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a 16 x 26cm slice pan with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the 2 long sides.
To make the base, place the pecans in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the almond meal, cacao and stevia. Pulse to combine. Add the egg and butter. Process until mixture comes together. Transfer to prepared pan. Evenly press mixture firmly into the base. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool.
Place the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle over the gelatine and whisk until gelatine dissolves.
Use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese, stevia, cooled coffee and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the gelatine mixture until well combined. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour the mixture over the cooled base and use a spatula to smooth the surface. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
Use a sharp knife to cut the slice into 16 squares. Top with extra whipped cream and coffee beans, if using. Serve dusted with cacao.